Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tutu Tutorial (Part 3): Recycled Plastic Bag Tutu

Using the same knotting method as you would make a No Sew Tulle Tutu you can also make tutu's out of plastic bags. It was SO quick and easy and the girls had a blast.

You will need:
- Strip of non roll elastic (please see my chart for waist sizes
- Approx 20 standard plastic grocery bags (I stuck to plain white, Target and Trader Joe plastic bags - a red and white color scheme)

1) Cut the handles off your bags.


2) Cut the bags down the middle in half.


3) Cut up the edge seams.


4) Using the same knot as I used in the No Sew Tulle Tutu knot your elastic bags onto your elastic.




5) Fluff, scrunch and fiddle with your plastic bags to get maximum volume on your tutu.





I can see some really cool Halloween outfits being made using black trash bags!

Previous Tutu Tutorials: No Sew Tulle Tutu
                                        No Sew Tutu with Crochet Elastic Ribbon

Stay tuned for my next posts:
- Tutu using Fabric scraps
- Basic Sewn Tutu

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What a cute idea! I just pinned it :)